In all our relationships and commercial transactions (whether contractual, moral or social) Z/Yen strives to ensure that fairness and reasonableness prevails in all circumstances.
Z/Yen expects all its people, including its subcontractors and partner organisations, to behave legally, decently, fairly and ethically in all circumstances. This expectation includes, but is not restricted to compliance with appropriate professional regulations, standards and guidelines.
Z/Yen is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions of use) set out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, might be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we might treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Z/Yen Group Limited of 5-7 St Helen’s Place, London EC3A 6AU.
Information We Collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.longfinance.net ("our site"). We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond;
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources you access.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type. We might also collect information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognise you when you return to our site.
Storing Your Data
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We shall do our best to protect your personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Using Your Information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to contact you where you have requested information from us or have reported a problem with our site; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
We may disclose your personal information to any company in our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the event that Z/Yen Group Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party; if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Z/Yen Group Limited, our customers or others.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.