- The Long Finance, CISI and ACCA sponsored proposal on Confidence Accounting is published in July, with a number of events held during a four month consultation period. The proposal receives press coverage in The Financial Times.
Confidence Accounting: A Proposal
Success of the Fittest: A Swift Survey of Shifts in Asset Management
- London Accord - Responsible Research (now part of Sustainalytics) wins the Farsight Award 2011/12 for their report "The Future of Fish in Asia" out of 117 reports considered. Bank Sarasin, the Carbon Tracker and HSBC are also commended for selected reports. Over 350 reports on finance & ESG issues are available through the London Accord at the end of 2012.
- Financial Centre Futures - GFCI 11 and GFCI 12 are published respectively in March and September.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch hosts the Long Finance Spring Conference "Into the Folly of Value: Reforming Sustainable Finance". Professor Charles Goodhart from the London School of Economics delivered the keynote address on the pro-cyclicality of financial regulation. Matthew Kiernan introduced the second part of the conference focusing on sustainable finance.
- UCL hosts the Long Finance Autumn Conference "Measures Beyond Money". Denis White from Oregon State University delivers the keynote address on the concept of 'emergy'. Other Long Finance events take place throughout the year.