Long Finance, Finance Shorts series, (November 2010), 68 pages
Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow: The Future of Pensions
This publication considers the future of retirement income provision over the long term, predominantly in the context of the UK. It indicates a number of errors currently being made in the analysis and management of pensions, thereby contributing to the policy debate on some further policy issues and offering several innovations which could enhance the adaptability and resilience of the pension system. The somewhat unconventional view is advanced that pensions, broadly as formerly envisaged, are sustainable over the long-term.
This free-to-download report was published in the Finance Shorts series in November 2011.
- Con Keating, "Introducing the Internal Growth Rate of a Pension System", Long Finance blog the Pamphleteers, 7 April 2014
- Con Keating, "Don’t Stop Believing: The State And Future Of UK Occupational Pensions, Finance Shorts, November 2010
- Con Keating,"Keep Your Lid On: A Financial Analyst’s View of the Cost and Valuation of DB Pension Provision ", Finance Shorts, February 2013
- The Future of Pensions, Global Policy Institute seminar, 20 January 2011
- The Future of Pensions: Publication launch, Long Finance roundtable, London, 30 November 2010
- Professional Pensions, "DC members resigned to a life of poverty", 6 December 2010